Super Easy Mexican PizzaThis post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I was super excited to try this recipe for Mexican Pizza that I adapted from Honey What’s Cooking? This is one of Trent’s favorites when we eat at Taco Bell. I figured I could make it a lot cheaper than the over $3 they ask for it!
The only thing Trent didn’t like about this recipe was the wheat tortillas (I got a great deal on them a bit ago and tried to “cover them up” with this recipe. Needless to say, it didn’t work. ) Other than that, he really liked them so I’ll be making them again, with flour tortillas!
- 4 Burrito-size tortillas
- Refried Beans (I used homemade refried beans)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- Small Onion, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper (0ptional)
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese
1. Lightly brush (spoon) both sides of tortillas with oil. Bake at 400 for 3-5 minutes per side.
2. Brown the ground beef. Add taco seasoning.
3. Mix together water, refried beans, chopped onion, paprika and pepper. (Since I used my homemade refried beans I didn’t add anything else to them.)
4. Layer tortilla, refried beans, meat mixture, tortilla, salsa, cheese.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
You can also add jalapeno peppers or scallions to the top layer, or add a dollop of sour cream if you’d like.
I was so excited to try it that I didn’t even get a clear picture! :O)