How it all got started…This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I’ve always considered myself a thrifty person. As long as I can remember, I’ve been on a budget. So, when my precious husband and I set the lofty goal of paying off our house by the time he’s 40 (September of 2011), I knew that I had to come up with some new ideas.
I decided to give couponing a try. I started couponing in November of 2008. Since that time, we have been able to do so many awesome things.
- Instead of paying a fortune for a buggy full of food, I can now get a buggy full of food and pay half or a third of what I normally would. (I used to go to the store and be frustrated because I paid so much for so little.)
- In 2009, we were able to pay $1,000 extra on our house note just from the overage in our food budget.
- We have a fully stocked “stockpile” that I can shop from whenever I need something.
- We have been able to help families who were going through a hard time. (I’m not talking about just a few bags of food either).
- We always have a variety of different things to try.
Besides these great things, I get so excited when I get a deal at a store. It’s kind of like a rush when you come out of the store paying little to nothing for your items. You don’t believe me? Give it a try.
Stick around and I’ll show you some of my tricks. :O)