Freezer Friendly Crockpot Refried BeansThis post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I love these Freezer Friendly Crockpot Refried beans because they’re so simple to make! This is a recipe that you can fix and forget…literally!
Simply place all of your ingredients in your crockpot and let them cook all day!
Freezer Friendly Crockpot Refried Beans
2 pounds Pinto Beans
1 large Onion (I used my frozen onions)
3 tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 1/2 tablespoons Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
2 teaspoons Cumin
10 cups Hot Water
- Rinse and remove any bad beans.
- Place all ingredients in your crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours (if you’re using frozen onions like I did, you’ll want to add an additional 30-60 minutes to your cook time).
- Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 2 hours.
- Remove the majority of your liquid, reserving it in case you need to add it back in as you “mash” your beans.
- Mash your beans to your desired consistency using an immersion blender.
Recipe adapted from Pennies & Pancakes
Freezing Crockpot Refried Beans
Place your refried beans in sandwich size ziploc bags (or air-tight containers) and store the ziploc bags in large freezer bags.
To reheat: Place frozen beans in a pan and heat until warm.
(The links in this post are my referral link. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.)