Freezer Friendly Beef and Bean BurritosThis post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details.
I first made these Freezer Friendly Beef and Bean Burritos last year. They are fabulous to have on hand for a quick lunch or dinner. Serve them with a green salad and/or Spanish Rice to make a complete meal.
Not only do these taste a lot better than the store-bought burritos, they’re healthier because they’re not full of preservatives.
Take it from me, you don’t want to put too much in your burrito or you’ll never get it to fold. As you can see, mine are pretty full!
Freezer Friendly Beef and Bean Burritos
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Taco Seasoning Packet (I used 2 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning)
1 10-count package of Tortillas
1 16 oz can of Refried Beans (I used Homemade Refried Beans)
8 oz Shredded Cheese
- Brown the ground beef. Add taco seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spread the refried beans down the center of the tortilla.
- Top with ground beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold over the sides of the tortilla and then the ends.
- If desired, place in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese or in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with enchilada sauce (or your favorite toppings).
The possibilities of flavor combinations are endless. You could easily substitute chicken or ground turkey for the ground beef. Or, you could add Spanish Rice or black olives inside the burrito and top with sour cream, guacamole and chopped tomatoes.
Freezing Beef and Bean Burritos
Roll each burrito in cling wrap (or foil) and place in a gallon ziploc bag (making sure all the air is out of the bag.) Store in your freezer for up to three months.
To reheat: Remove the cling wrap and place frozen burritos in the microwave for 2-4 minutes or in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.